Extraction 2018 Professional Development Courses
As a new opportunity to make the most of your travel, The Metallurgy and Materials Society (MetSoc) of the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum (CIM) and The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS) are offering five professional development courses in conjunction with Extraction 2018. All events will be held prior to the start of Extraction’s technical programming.
Two-Day Events – Saturday, August 25, to Sunday, August 26
Half-Day Events – Sunday, August 26
One-Day Events – Sunday, August 26
Extraction 2018 is over and registration is no longer available for these courses.
For each of the events listed above, please note the following:
- Minimum numbers of class enrollment are necessary to conduct a course and advance registration is encouraged. Should a course need to be cancelled due to low enrollment MetSoc and TMS will provide as much advance notice as possible and provide full refunds to participants.
- Course materials are included in the registration fee and will be distributed as digital downloads prior to or after the conclusion of the program as provided by instructors.
- All times for Extraction 2018 professional development courses will take place in local time—Eastern Time Zone (UTC -05:00).
- Registration for the full Extraction conference is not required to attend a professional development event.
Extraction 2018 professional development courses follow the same cancellation/substitution policy as the overall conference:
- A processing fee of $150 CAD will be applied to all cancelled registrations.
- After June 1, no refunds will be issued for author cancellations.
- After August 1, no refund will be issued for all other delegates.
- Refunds or credits will not be given for failure to attend, late arrival, visa refusal, etc. Any medical issues necessitate a doctor’s notification.
- Substitutions must be submitted in writing (e-mail) by the original registrant. The substitute must bring a letter from the original registrant to be processed onsite at the registration desk.
- Extraction 2018 is not responsible for airfare, housing, or other costs incurred by participants in the event of program or registration cancellation.
- Changes and cancellations must be requested in writing by e-mail before August 1 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit the Contact Us page and find the appropriate person to assist you with your inquiry.