Visa Information

Before you travel, be sure to familiarize yourself with the documents required to enter Canada.

Helpful links:

Invitation Letters

Invitation letters are for visa purposes only and do not imply any financial commitment from the conference organizers. All expenses involved with attending the conference including airfare, transportation, lodging, meals, insurance and show entry fees, will be the responsibility of the attendee.

Invitation letters are issues to authors and speakers whose abstracts have been accepted, and whose registration has been completed with payment.

Automated forms will be set up to facilitate the invitation letter application for Extraction 2018 authors starting in late September 2017.

It is the responsibility of the author/presenter/visitor to make the visa/eTA application early. When you apply for your visa, you will be given a Visa Application Centre (VAC) file number. Please keep this number with you for reference.

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

Canada has introduced a new entry requirement, known as an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to Canada by air. As of March 15, 2016, this entry requirement is mandatory and travelers will need an eTA before they can boarad a flight to Canada. Applying for an eTA is a simple online process. You will need your passport, a credit card, and an e-mail address. Is costs $7 CAD to get an eTA and it will be valid for up to five (5) years.

Please note that most applicants get their eTA approval (via e-mail) within minutes. However, some requests can take several days to process if you’re asked to submit supporting documents. It is best to get an eTA before you book your flight to Canada.